Instead of 10 things I won't do, I thought over here I'd share 10 things I'm loving right now!
1. The weather. After months (and I mean months) of temps above 90, this is a welcome relief.
![]() |
| I doubt it will stay like this, but for now I will enjoy temps in the 80s with sun! |
2. Pinterest. Yup. I am totally addicted. Though I'll probably never have time, money, or energy for any of the things I pin, I still love it.
3. Hair. I’ve been bored with my hair for a long time. I never like the way it looks when it’s down, but I hate throwing it in a boring pony tail. I don’t have time for complicated styling (and by complicated I mean anything that involves a hair dryer) so, thanks to my Pinterest addiction, I’ve been trying a couple of fun and cute, but easy, styles.
![]() |
| I've been loving on this style. Actually quite simple, and so cute! |
4. Drew's hair. How could you not love some of this golden, wispy action??
5. Green smoothies. I learned about these from two friends and I am enjoying the concoction for breakfast. What makes them green? Spinach, of course! You might not be keen on spinach for breakfast, but I swear you do not taste it! You can find any variety of “recipes” online; it took me some playing to find a mix that I liked, but right now mine include: ¼ of a frozen banana, approximately 6 frozen strawberries (I freeze the fruits myself when we get home from the store), a couple dollops of organic vanilla yogurt, a splash of milk, a squeeze of honey and a large handful of spinach leaves. Sometimes I throw in some frozen blueberries or peaches, too. I also throw in a small packet of probiotic powder and a little bit of BeneFiber. Can’t hurt, right? These are fairly filling (though I do usually have a mid-morning snack still) and I love that I’m getting tons of antioxidants, iron, calcium, fiber, etc. right from the get-go.
| Photo and idea courtesy of Tina at faithfitnessfun.com |
6. Coupons. Yes. I’m a couponer. Not an “extreme couponer” (maybe I would be if I had a basement for my stash? J/K!!) but a couponer nonetheless. I just can’t live off of boxed and frozen food the way many extreme couponers do, but couponing helps us save LOTS on essentials like toothpaste, deodorant, even frozen veggies, butter, and bread. Those are things you can stock up on when you can get them for cheap (and by cheap I’m talking 50 cents or even free!). We are having to live by a very strict budget right now, so coupons allow me to save enough that we can still buy quality meats and produce (organic when possible) to make fresh and healthy meals.
7. Experiencing God. I just started this Bible Study on Wednesday nights at our church. So far I’m really enjoying it!
8. My little boy's antics. He makes me laugh every evening. Even when I'm frustrated and exhausted.
9. I'm booked for Peru! Yay!!








No comments:
Post a Comment