So now that we know we are having another boy, it’s time to start thinking about names and nurseries. I have to admit that I feel a little stumped already. We went through this once and I feel like we picked all of our favorites the first time around and now I’ve got nothing. That’s not to say whatever we decide on will be “second best”, only that we need to discover something that we love just as much.
I actually had a dream fairly early on that we had a baby boy and I couldn’t remember his name. I was so upset running around trying to get other people to say it so I wouldn’t look stupid for forgetting my own child’s name. A lady at work told me my dream meant I was worrying about what to name the baby, and in fact she was probably right. Jason and I had both already wondered what we would do it the baby were a boy because we had a few ideas for girls names, but not-a-one for a boy!
So I’m asking for suggestions! Give me some boy names, and tell me why you like those names.
I also need some nursery ideas. I have a few thoughts, but would love to know what you all have to suggest!
If we had a boy we would have named him Allan (after your Grandpa Paulen).
ReplyDeleteAllan Francis? Or Allan Simpson?
ReplyDeleteMaybe Jason for a middle name? Allan Jason? A.J.? I need a baby-name book for boys!
ReplyDeleteWhat about James? I think it's a really nice name for boys, and will stand the test of time. Other names I like: Alexander, Thomas, and Jeffrey. I actually met a Thaddeus yesterday, which I think is a pretty amazing name (a little crazy though). :)
ReplyDelete~Laura
I hate to say it, but Allan just doesn't do it for us. We thought about it with Drew, too, but....
DeleteJames is nice, Laura. And you know what's funny? Jason said we should name him Michael Jeffery, and I asked why. Apparently it's Michael Jeffrey Jordan (as in basketball). I said "well, Jeffrey IS kind of a special name for me and Laura". Jason said "I know." I was like "really!?" and he said "yes, it was one of your doll's names." I was completely shocked! Of course, he couldn't remember Carol's name, but still. Impressive. Maybe we'll consider Jeffrey. We are considering Joseph as a middle name (like Jason) so James or Jeffrey would be two Js, but I suppose J.J. as initials can't be too bad since those are Jason's initials, too!
I like the AJ idea!
ReplyDelete