I love crafting (as I mentioned in my Halloween post) and I love themed birthday parties, so I had a great time putting together a Very Hungry Caterpillar party for James.
The decor was a lot of fun. Of course there was a lot of Pinterest inspiration, but I did have fun coming up with some ideas of my own.
We had lots of people come to celebrate, and we had a great time.
On the day of his actual birthday (the day following the party), we got a nice big cake for James to dive into so we could take pictures just like we did with Drew. But just like at the party (and just like his big brother), he really wasn't all that interested in the cake. Perhaps gluten-free*, egg-free cake isn't all that tasty?
Can you believe how much he's grown?
Now he's just about ready to take off walking. While he's been taking steps on his own for a couple of weeks now, just in the last few days he's actually started taking off on his own a bit and walking several feet before giving up and going for the crawl.
Happy birthday big boy!
*I don't know if I've gotten around to mentioning it on here, but in addition to the diagnosed allergies of egg and sesame, we suspect that James has issues with wheat as well. *Le sigh....*





What a great party, Diane. Hadn't heard about James' trouble with wheat. Poor little duck. :(
ReplyDelete