Another quick update:
Jason is out of town. Boo. But my mom is here. Yay! Although "here" is kind of not true. After a rather exhausting day yesterday (with two kids who were both whiny and altogether unable to be pleased), and because James seems to be suffering from a cold, we decided our best approach was to "divide and conquer". She took James to the lake house last night and will stay until tomorrow and I have Drew here. We've planned a couple easy dinner meals for me here and I have lots of leftovers for lunches. I bought the movie Frozen (although we hadn't even seen it) to keep us entertained while I rest. Drew's pretty easy on his own (and he slept until 8:30 this morning so no complaints there!) and, as I said before, I think he can really use some extra attention these days, so it's kind of a bonus both ways.
I will actually say I'm kind of glad Jason got a chance to get away from all of this. He's been so amazingly supportive and has done so much to keep it all together here that he's just as run down and exhausted as I am. Yes, he's away on a business trip, so he's working plenty, but I'm hoping the free time after work will be good for him. I made him promise me that he would do something fun while he was away.... as long as that something fun wasn't a college girl on spring break. ;) Kidding. He is in Tampa, though.
Because I know many of you are sending up prayers, I figure it's only fair to keep you updated: I got the chest CT scan results and nothing looks so abnormal that they want to go ahead with a bronchoscopy. My lungs definitely look like CF lungs, and there are some questionable "cloudy patches", but we'll see how I do at my follow up and go from there as far as possible treatment options. The doctor did say that my lungs look quite clear so I'm doing a good job with airway clearance, so that's good news.
Thank you for all the prayers and notes of encouragement sent my way. I have been saying my own prayers of thanks for the wonderful people in my life. I am so appreciative of the offers of help from so many of you, but I am just as thankful for those who are thinking about us and praying for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment