My best friend Stacey's birthday is only two days before mine, so since we were 16-years-old we have been celebrating our birthdays together. We even celebrated our 18th birthdays together in Singapore with our first alcoholic beverages at Hard Rock Cafe (18 was legal in Singapore).
So we decided we had to do something special for our big 3-0 together. And I think special definitely describes yesterday. We did the Great Strides walk in the morning (which has traditionally fallen right around our birthdays) then headed straight from there to Patrick's of Atlanta for a spa day. We had massages (I had a hot stone massage that was so fabulous I can't even explain it!), manicures, pedicures, and facials. We were treated to a fabulous lunch, and just hung out in the quiet, serene spa. After weeks of packing and yard work it was exactly what my body needed. And after opening a new business and handling loads of fresh produce while pregnant, it was also exactly what Stacey needed as well! (www.bigorganicgarden.com if you're in the Gwinnett area!) It was truly the perfect way to ring in 30 and we've decided it should be a yearly tradition- next year we plan on mud baths and massages!
| Great Strides 2014 |
[No pictures of the spa day- I did think about it, and wish I had gotten at least one picture, but we looked a little goofy in our robes with our greasy post-massage hair]
We finished off our amazing day with dinner at our favorite spot- Bahama Breeze! We have not celebrated every birthday there, but it has become a tradition for us, from our first birthday celebrated together at age 16, to our 21st birthdays when we were finally legal here and could try the Bahamaritas, and now our 30th, with many more in between. Stacey and I have always had a thing for the beach and the tropics (hey, we did spend 4 months together in Costa Rica!), and Bahama Breeze has just the perfect atmosphere to sit back and relax while enjoying the company of friends.
![]() |
| The birthday girls |
![]() |
| Cassie and me, 2000 and 2014 |
![]() |
| The groups at age 16 and age 30 In attendance at both: me, Stacey, Cassie, and Adam! |
As I was packing up clothes in my closet for the move, I came across a dress that I just about got rid of until I remembered that it was the dress I wore for our 16th birthday! Why I've kept it this long, I don't know, and how I fit in a dress at age 30 that I wore when I was 16 is also beyond me (and, honestly, not really a good thing as much as most people would kill for that), but it was fun to wear it to our celebration as it brought back so many happy memories.
30 is bringing a lot of changes that make me both happy and sad, but I am looking forward to seeing what God has in store for me for this next decade. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment