Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday Minute: The first

So, I've obviously not been great about keeping things up-to-date around here. Life keeps on keeping on and I'm just trying to hang on for the ride.  But I would like to post more. The point of my blog has always been just a fun way of keeping loved ones,especially those far away, in the know of the happenings around here, at first with the pregnancy, and now with Drew.

So, in keeping with that purpose, and to try to force myself into a more regular posting schedule, I've come up with "Monday Minutes" in which I'd like to post a minute-long video of nothing more than Drew doing his thing. You might find it boring. You might find it pointless. But if that's the case, then this blog probably isn't meant for you. I really want for my parents and sister (and aunts and uncles and cousins and friends who care) to have the opportunity to see Drew just as he is, not just when I'm trying to show off his cute tricks.

My wordy posts won't disappear. Nor will my wordless ones. But this is just an addition to hopefully keep things moving around here.

So, without further ado...




What I love in this video is that he had just gotten "in trouble" for eating the crayons (thus the blue crayon crumb on the cheek and the teary look), so every time he gets the idea that the crayons might be tasty, he looks to me for approval, and sees my "mom look" and decides better. I also love the meticulous way he tries to put the little piece of blue crayon back on each of the crayons.

These are the little things I feel are often missed with the "look what he's doing now!" posts. So, I hope you enjoyed spending a little time with Drew today. Come back next Monday! It's Halloween!

4 comments:

  1. Interesting. He looks a little perturbed, but oh, don't those crayons just look so yummy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I'm glad you gave the explanation. He is definitely looking to see if you notice. And then he oh, so casually slides the crayon away from his mouth as if he had no intention of gnawing on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you now, I am going to love Monday Minutes! It really is nice to see a bit of his personality. I wonder what it is about crayons that makes them so enticing? I'm glad he looks at you and then decides NOT to eat them, rather than eating them just to see your reaction. I'm sure that phase isn't too far off.. ;)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Glad you guys enjoy! I'm really not sure what it is about crayons for all children... I guess they're just so colorful.

    And yes Laura, that's what I love about the video is the way he sort of tries to get away with it, yet "obeys" me as much as he doesn't want to. Don't know how long this phase will last, but right now I can always tell when he's about to do something he knows he's not supposed to because he looks at me first. I'll take it as long as it lasts!

    And Wynn Anne, that's my favorite thing, too! Not only does he decide better, but he acts like "oh, I wasn't going to eat it, I was just.... sliding it... on my chin...!"

    ReplyDelete