Saturday, December 12, 2009

Georgia Peach

According to some things I've read, I have now officially reached the end of the first trimester (some say week 12, some say week 13... though there are some still that say week 14).  Either way the risk of miscarriage drops drastically after week 12 because all of the  major development has already occurred. Miscarriage is often caused by chromosomal abnormalities that cause the fetus not to be able to develop properly.  So at this point the major development is complete and the risk of miscarriage drops. I'm relaxing a little, but it's not as if there aren't a million other things to worry about now. :P

Our baby is now about the size of a peach... supposedly.  Below it says our baby is the size of a medium shrimp though... more to support my theory that these fruits are picked based on length more than anything.  Either way almost 3 inches is pretty amazing.  I pulled out my ruler to see exactly what that looks like... wow! No wonder I have a tummy pooch!


Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.




1 comment:

  1. Fingerprints?! How awesome! Your blog is great, Diane -- but I think I'll feel weird for awhile eating blueberries, olives and peaches :P Hope you enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete