What made me realize that I was really pregnant was: my clothes not fitting. Especially when I put on a t-shirt, then went to wash my face and was shocked as the cold counter touched my belly- there was a huge gap between my normally fairly long t-shirt and my pants!
This month's ultrasound was: sadly, nonexistent. Though I will have one next month and will find out the sex! (As long as baby cooperates of course)
At my prenatal visit this month I discovered that: everything is going well. The baby's heart rate was in the 130s.
When people touch my belly: I actually kind of enjoy it. I thought I would be annoyed, but it really makes me feel like I'm actually pregnant and that other people are excited by the changes going on as well. I may change my mind when random people start touching my belly, but as long as it's family and friends it's fine.
My hopes and fears: I keep thinking about how much things are going to change when we have a baby in the picture and am scared at the thought of not getting to sleep in anymore, not getting to go out to dinner at the drop of a hat, or not making weekend trips with friends once the baby is here. I keep thinking of things I want to do, then thinking I may not get a chance to do them anymore. My hope is that Jason and I will remember to take time for ourselves, and realize that, yes, life will change drastically, but we can still fit in the things we want to do.... maybe just in a different way than we had planned.
You will be a great Mom, and the fears are normal. Yes you will get less sleep and have to plan ahead for dinner dates, but you have plenty of babysitters :), and I can vouch for Frank and Amanda and Dale and Erin (they have both had Lilly overnight) and myself of course. As far as sleeping in, you and Jason will just have to rotate who wakes up with the baby in the mornings :)
ReplyDelete