Some highlights:
Going to a Hawk's playoff game with Jason
Meet and Greet with my new midwife practice and hospital tour
Some lowlights:
Drew was sick with a very high fever
A good friend's mother passed away unexpectedly and we attended the services
Jason had to have an emergency appendectomy
But even the fun events meant I didn't get home until 10pm or later, which for a pregnant mama who gets up at 5:30am is not so fun. And the lowlights, well... they speak for themselves.
We've been very thankful for the prayers this weekend for Jason. The surgery went well and he is recovering as expected. Sore and tired, of course, but we are so thankful it wasn't something worse. Knowing Jason and his dislike for doctors and his high tolerance for pain, I was so worried that the appendix would have already ruptured (especially when he started saying the pain wasn't so bad anymore). He slept only 45 minutes Friday night but got up Saturday morning and went to work. He ended up leaving early and going to an urgent care center where the doctor literally told him he was an idiot for not coming in during the night, and sent him to ER.
Here's Jason after surgery- extremely tired from the anesthesia and the 45 minutes of sleep he got the entire night before...
And here's Drew's joyous return home after his overnight at Stacey's...
Stacey was so helpful to drop everything and come grab him when I decided I needed to be at the hospital (even though Jason kept telling me it was pointless to come and even though Stacey had probably literally just walked in her door after having been close to my area of town- she lives 30 minutes away).
I've got nothing for a Monday Minute post tomorrow. And who knows if I'll scrounge something up for Wordless Wednesday. Just a warning. We are getting lots of rest today, though, and just counting down the days until summer vacation...

Wishing Jason a speedy recovery!
ReplyDeletePat