A busy busy busy (but FUN!) weekend here:
We walked Great Strides...
 |
| Yellow bellies? |
 |
| Though I don't think yellow bellies walk 5Ks while pregnant |
(THANK YOU for your donations! If you would like to donate, you still can! www.cff.org/great_strides/drewby. We accept donations until the end of the year!)
I also hosted Stacey's baby shower!
 |
| Creating a birth blessing bracelet |
 |
The (almost) finished product- she can wear it during labor to
remind her of the love and support of her family and friends
then pass it on to her daughter! |
 |
| Balloon bellies |
 |
| What the cupcakes looked like (before the party) |
 |
What the cupcakes actually looked like when served
100 points if you can guess what happened... |
 |
| Can you tell we're tired? |
And even though this is technically "Wordless Wednesday" (or in today's case, "Less Words Wednesday") I just have to share a little story from the shower. One of Stacey's aunts brought her two daughters to the shower, one of which was a little blonde haired sweetie between 3 and 4 who was declared to be an animal/bug/nature lover. She indeed proved to be more than happy to spend the entire time outside with our dog Lucy. Towards the end of the shower several women were gathered in the kitchen chatting when little Gracie came running in with a "special find" clasped in her hands. Women peered down with smiles to see what this little blonde angel in her bright yellow frilly dress was so excited about. Smiles quickly turned to shocked and horrified (and in some cases amused) expressions as the girl ran around the table looking for her mom. (It really was amusing to watch each woman's face one-by-one go from big grins to wide-eyed with hands clasped over their mouths). When she was close enough to me I finally understood the looks of horror as I saw clasped in her hands something small and brown, with a tail. Little Gracie had found a mouse, but not just any mouse, a dead mouse. Mom quickly grabbed her, and the mouse, ran out back, and threw it over the fence which was followed by an instant meltdown from Gracie who "waaaannted to keeeeeep iiiiitttt!". I think we all felt a little heartbroken for her (while also feeling the need to wash our hands), and I think we all had to grin at the humor of a little girl bringing such a treat into a room full of women.
No comments:
Post a Comment