Friday, October 12, 2012

Babies, byes, beads, and more

Well, it's been over a week since I've done anything here, so I think it's time for a little update post.

First off, Cassie's little girl Zoe has arrived! She was born 10.2.2012, two days before her due date. That can happen?? ;)

Zoe Marie

6 lb. 4 oz, 19 inches

Funny thing is Cassie posted on Facebook that she hoped the full moon would kick in and help her out. Sure enough her water broke the next morning! What's particularly funny is that I had sent her this post I had written while pregnant (and overdue) with Drew about that very topic in which an article I quoted says, "in cases where the water breaking marks the start of childbirth [as opposed to contractions marking the start], full moon is the time when it's most likely to happen".

In sad news, on the other hand, we had to say goodbye to Nonny and Poppy. Jason's dad and step-mom moved to Wisconsin this week. We will miss them greatly as they are were our only family in Georgia and Drew loved spending time with them.




Back on a happier note, I had a "sprinkle" as Cassie calls it- a mini shower to celebrate Floodlet's upcoming arrival.









The ladies made a lovely "blessing bracelet" for me, each adding a bead and saying a blessing/hope for me and the baby. That blue bead is hand-painted! Each bead will help serve as a focal point during labor as I can think of the people who care about us and the blessings they wish for us.


I was so lucky to have my mom in town for the shower, and to help me get things cleaned up and ready around here. She did a lot of work this weekend (including many loads of laundry!) and I am so so thankful!

And here are some fun scenes from home... Drew helping me make pizza!





In other news, my hospital bags are packed (mostly) and Floodlet's room is ready (enough for now). As opposed to last time with Drew when I pleaded for just a little more time to get things done, this time I'm happy for Floodlet to go ahead and arrive because I know those last few things don't really matter. And yes, unfortunately I said it. With 2+ weeks until the due date I'm already hoping Floodlet will be coming soon. I promised myself I wouldn't do this, but it's hard. I'm tired. I'm sore. And I'm just ready to meet him! But at this point it could be up to another MONTH before we do so I better settle down and start working on that patience again...

Finally, can you believe this cutie-patootie is 3 months old today!?


1 comment:

  1. Glad I got to share in the "sprinkle" - and you surprised me with that first pic of Cassie's baby - no more posting other people's newborns until it is yours =) Praying that he comes happy, healthy, and sooner rather than later!
    Marshall

    ReplyDelete