Drew's still going strong with the Band-Aid game. Anytime we take it off he flips out until he gets a new one on. We are still playing along and obliging even though there is definitely no more boo-boo. We've had a few rough days in there- some nighttime waking and battling naps. He had a particularly rough night Sunday night, waking almost hourly. When we would check on him all he could do was cry and whimper without being able to say what was wrong; I assume he just isn't sure how to soothe himself back to sleep without the thumb. I've been the one that has wanted to give up on this because... well... I need nap times and I need sleep! But Drew is adamant about keeping that Band-Aid on. Part of me wonders if he's actually somewhat aware of the fact that the Band-Aid is helping to wean himself of the habit and he's actually playing the "charade" as much as we are. In any case, he slept through the night last night without waking once! And I actually managed to get him to nap yesterday and today. Maybe we're getting there!
It actually makes me really sad to see him without his thumb, not just because my little boy is growing up, but... I don't know how to put it in words. I see him upset and unable to calm himself down and I know he's lacking his "friend", that one comforting thing. I think we all have our go-to things when we need comfort, whether it be an item, a person, an activity... it's just hard seeing Drew in limbo. I know he'll figure something else out, but right now it feels like he's alone. I guess it's the former thumb-sucker in me. And besides... he's too cute!
![]() |
| I kinda miss this face |

No comments:
Post a Comment