Thursday, September 5, 2013

Lucky

On the way to and from the gym today (told ya' I was making it work!) Drew and I had some funny conversations that I wanted to share. I was going to post the first to Facebook, then on the way home we had another funny conversation, so I decided to put it all down here.

On our way out of our neighborhood we passed an incoming school bus. Drew loves to point out all the vehicles we pass (Garbage truck! UPS truck! Motorcycle!) so of course he was excited to see a school bus. This was the conversation we had:

Drew: Mommy! A school bus!
Me: Oh! You're right! You know what? One day you will probably be riding that school bus to school!
Drew: Oh man! I'm so LUCKY when I get to ride that school bus! When will I get to ride it?
Me: When you turn 5 you get to go to Kindergarten, and when you go to Kindergarten, you'll probably ride that bus to school!
Drew: Oh!! So I have to turn 4, and then 5, and then I can go to Kindergarten and ride the bus??

He was just so cute!!

Then, on the way home, we passed Jimmy John's (a speedy sub shop that offers drive-thru and delivery, for those that don't know).

Drew: Is that Jimmy John's?
Me: Yup!
Drew: I like Jimmy John's!
Me: You do? [Drew NEVER eats subs when we have them]
Drew: Yes!
Me: What kind of food does Jimmy John's have? [Wondering if he actually remembered correctly...]
Drew: Chips! And subs! [Chips... of course I should have known that!]
Me: Yup, you're right.
Drew: What else do they have?
Me: Well... that's pretty much it...
Drew: Why do they only have 2 kinds of food? I wish they had 4.
Me: What other kind of food do you think they should serve?
Drew: Ummm... sausage! And hot dogs!!
Me: Hmm... that's not a bad idea. Who would like to eat there if they served sausage and hot dogs?
Drew: Me! And Daddy!!! [He knows his father well]
Me: Haha, you're right! Daddy would love to eat there. And you know what? We're actually having sausages for dinner tonight!
Drew: Oh man!!! We are SO lucky!! Why are we so lucky???

Apparently his new phrase is "oh man" when he's excited, and things that make him happy are "lucky". He makes me smile. :)

And just for fun, because two posts in a row with no pictures would be boring, here's a video of my cuties on the car ride home today (before our Jimmy John's conversation). I don't know what they were giggling at, but it's so wonderful hearing them laughing together like that!



1 comment:

  1. How great that you've shared these conversations - they're delightful!

    ReplyDelete