Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Monday Minute: Making Steps with Mater

I think with the first child it's pretty natural to be super-excited about your baby crawling and then taking his or her first steps- it's so amazing to see the progress they make in such short time. By the time the second comes around, however, I think most people realize that life changes drastically once you have a mobile baby. With Drew I was so excited when he started crawling. With James I was like, "oh no!".

Now that James is crawling, though, I think I'm actually ready for him to start walking. Why? First of all, he can pretty much already get everywhere he wants to go (including up the stairs!). And second, I'm hoping if he's up off the floor, he won't pick up every little thing ON the floor and put it in his mouth. And maybe, just maybe, he'll forget about the pets' water dish? I know I'm forgetting something in terms of what life is like with a walking baby as opposed to a crawling baby, but right now, all I can hope for is those first few steps.

James is getting closer, too! We were surprised to watch him cruise around a bit yesterday with the help of our bubble-blowing Mater.



Yes, he was fine. Not a single tear. And this is why we don't watch TV very often in our house (Monday Night Football apparently wins, though).

No comments:

Post a Comment