Monday, November 30, 2009

Pregnancy Reflections

I found these questions on a website, and thought they would be fun to do.

I stated thinking I might be pregnant when:
I cried because of a clip played on the radio from Grey's Anatomy... a show I don't even watch.

I found out I was pregnant when I:
took a test... on my sister's birthday actually.

I felt:
very happy, but scared too, given what had already happened. I was scared to get too excited.

The first person I told was:
Jason

They reacted by:
smiling and saying "okay".

The first ultrasound was:
incredibly amazing, especially since I was extremely scared. I couldn't believe that everything was okay!!

My baby will be born:
in mid-June.  Thankfully I'll have some time off school to just be lazy beforehand!

The hardest thing for me to give up is:
margaritas!! Seriously... Mexican restaurants are so painful now... :P

What I'm enjoying most about my pregnancy so far:
Learning about the amazing things going on inside my body.

Names that I've been thinking of:
Haven't thought a whole lot yet... and I'm not really ready to share the few I have been thinking of.... but I am willing to take suggestions!

Girl or Boy? I think it will be...
I've really gone back and forth. I'll definitely be happy either way though. I know that's a cop out answer, but that's all I've got.

The old wives tales predict:
Chinese gender prediction chart says girl.  Heart rate says girl.  Dangling a ring over my belly says girl (I guess... kinda hard to tell... especially since some sites say if it goes in a circle it means girl, and others say that means boy). Lack of morning sickness says boy (of course my mom didn't have morning sickness and had two girls, and my grandma was the same and she had 4 girls). I've been craving a little of everything, salty and sweet... so who knows there (sweet means girl, salty or sour means boy).  My face already looked bad, so that's hard to tell too (supposedly girls steal their mother's beauty thus causing acne during pregnancy).  Of course, most of these are really silly and have been proven not to be true, but they're still fun!

Hopes:
That everything continues to go well.

Fears:
That I'm not going to be ready or able to care for a child.

2 comments:

  1. Here's a random fact: supposedly women who have asthma actually get better lung function during pregnancy if it's a boy, but not if it's a girl. I wonder if that holds true for CF too... Something to keep an eye out for though. ;)
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I defintely hope you are having good lung fuction. I think it is going to be a girl tho. My Ob told me the old wifes tale that he has seen work the most was the Chinese gender one. But the heart beat and the gender calander worked for Rachael and I could never really figure out what month I got pregnant with Noah,but the the heart beat worked with him. I also craved cinnamon the whole time I was pregnant with him so I dont know about the sweet and salty. I hope you are feeling well. I m so very excited for you. Love Andrea

    ReplyDelete