
Have you ever had a bad dream that you just couldn't shake when you woke up? Have you even gone back to sleep to try to force yourself to dream something better to make it go away? I had one of those dreams last night... and I'm hoping writing about it will help me to put my mind at ease...
It was fairly simple. I dreamed I was staying at a hotel with my family. I was sleeping in a room by myself and there was a man... a very creepy man... on the balcony watching me.
This was unsettling enough for a dream. But to add to the unease the dream gave me, my dad caught the man and threw him off the balcony, then shot him. I know my dad would do just about anything to protect me, but even dreaming my dad as a killer is not comforting.
I know overall it really wasn't that bad, but the dream just felt so real and left me with a creepy feeling I couldn't get rid of. All morning while getting ready I've been trying to shake the dream, trying to erase the image of the man peering from around the curtains, trying to fend off crazy thoughts like "maybe there was someone in our house last night...." So when I came downstairs to let Lucy out and discovered that the back door has been unlocked all night, my stomach kind of did a double turn. Guess I won't be getting this dream out of my mind for a while yet...
As I have been having a lot of vivid dreams lately (though nothing so unsettling until this) I did look up pregnancy and dreams to find this info.:
Dreams are like funhouse mirrors that reflect your emotional state. Since pregnancy can feel like an emotional roller coaster, don't be surprised if your dreams become more vivid and crazy than usual. Dreams also become more vivid during pregnancy because of increased progesterone and increased awakenings from dream-filled REM (rapid eye movement) sleep.
Some experts think pregnancy dreams — which can be about everything from tadpoles and fishes to talking animals and towering skyscrapers — symbolize your excitement, fear, and apprehension about the physical and emotional changes happening to you.
I am wondering what (if anything) my dream may be symbolizing? Fear that I cannot protect my baby? Fear of bringing a baby into a world sick with child predators and bad people? Fear of how we as parents will react to perceived threats?
All I know is that I would rather be dreaming about whether we'll be decorating with pink or blue than having more dreams like that!! Any suggestions for happy dreams full of rainbows and flowers???
No comments:
Post a Comment