Dear (or maybe not so dear) morning sickness,
I am writing to find out why you decided to suddenly visit me today, after 9 1/2 weeks of letting me be. Were you trying to lull me into a false sense of security, just to hit me when I least expected it? Were you just waiting for that moment when my guard was down so you could have a bigger impact?
Or are you punishing me for mocking you? For throwing my head back and declaring that I was better than you… that I had beat you?
For your knowledge, my mornings are rough enough already. Having to wake up at 5am so I have enough time to shower, dress, do medicine, and actually eat a good breakfast (to ward you off) isn’t fun. Next time, I would at least appreciate some warning. I actually woke up early this morning, and so spent my morning sluggishly getting ready, just to have you attack me as I walked out the door just on time for school. Could you not have waged your attack when I was wasting time on Facebook? Or when I was lazily petting my cat?
And can you give me a better idea of whether I should expect to be visited frequently by you from now on, or did you win your battle today and are through with me?
I appreciate you addressing each of these concerns in a timely matter.
Sincerely,
Diane Flood
P.S. Could you also let my digestive tract know that we need to have a word as well?
Oh No ... I hope this was an isolated incident. (from your mom)
ReplyDeleteAww I'm sorry Diane! I hope it doesn't ever happen again!
ReplyDelete~Laura