Those are all the beautiful flowers I just bought for my garden! They are helping me accomplish two things:
- Check item #11 off my "11 things in 2011" list and...
- Helping me raise money for CF!
As one of our fundraisers for Great Strides this year we are selling flowers! I thought it would be fun to sell roses as one of the monikers of cystic fibrosis is "sixty-five roses" (say it out loud...). Well, Flower Power doesn't sell roses (they mainly sell bulbs), but they do sell beautiful flowers, AND we earn 50% of every sale, which is pretty amazing!
They had a great $40 "All Season Perennial Garden" mix that had 4 different plants that bloom from late winter all the way to fall. But I wasn't a fan of all the flowers in it, and, when you buy online, you can get a set of gladiolus for free with the purchase of 4 items, so I created my own "All Season" perennial garden. For $40 (and a flat-rate shipping fee of only $5!) I bought (clockwise in the photo above):
- African Corn Lilies, which bloom in "late spring to early summer".
- Mexican Shellflowers, which bloom in "early to mid-summer"
- Freesias, which bloom in "summer"
- and Montbretias, which bloom in "late summer to early fall"
Of course, I also got my free Gladiolus, which bloom in "mid-summer to fall". I also already have my pink daffodils which bloom in early spring, so I should have color from early spring to fall! And the best part is I only have to plant them once and they'll keep coming back!
Please check out our fundraiser here and consider buying some plants for your garden. *Apologies in advance to Canadian family and friends- they do not ship to Canada. :( *

No comments:
Post a Comment