Saturday, July 16, 2011

11 Things Update

I don't know if you recall but at the beginning of January instead of making resolutions I made a list of 11 things I wanted to do or accomplish in 2011. So far I've been making pretty good progress! Here's a little update:

1. Run at least one more 10K (maybe a half marathon...?)
Did both!
Not looking too shabby after 13.1 miles!


2. Go salsa dancing with Stacey

3. Take Drew to the beach
Myrtle Beach!


4. Get a new camera and/or take a photography class
Thank you to Jason and my parents for the birthday gift!
Online photography class
Lesson 12: Slow
"Live" photography class



5. Go on a weekend trip with just Jason (I'd love to go to Charleston, but anywhere will do)

6. Take a class with Drew
We did classes at Gymboree
and swim lessons!

7. Complete my honeymoon scrapbook (maybe a project for summer vacation?)

8. Get a massage
We had a couple's massage at Massage Envy yesterday
to celebrate our 3 year anniversary!

9. Play in the rain with someone (most likely Drew) Unfortunately I did not get pics! My two cameras, video camera, and phone were all dead/full!!!! Drew was a little perplexed about what was coming out of the sky/why we were in it, but it was such a nice way to cool off on a hot summer day!

10.Volunteer somewhere *Any suggestions for this one??*

11. Plant more flowers in my garden
And not just flowers....
but vegetables too!

I'm more than halfway there (and the year is more than halfway done!). I'm a bit worried about #7. Summer is almost done and I'm pretty sure I haven't even looked at the scrapbook....

Those of you who made your own lists, how are you doing??

3 comments:

  1. I've accomplished 3 of the 11 things:
    1. Go skydiving (Yay!!)
    2. Gain 15 lbs (I think I overshot this one)
    11. See Drew on his birthday (almost, but I think the birthday party counts)
    I'm working on the rest, and will hopefully be crossing off "6. Pass quals" very shortly! :)
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you overshot #2! Send me your list again, I don't remember what all was on it!

    And I totally think #11 counts! And you'll definitely get #6! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have been on a roll with these things. :)

    And he is too adorable, Diane! Also - love the idea of playing in the rain with him. I don't think I have ever done that with M. I need to. :)

    ReplyDelete