Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Not a boy and his dog

We always think little dudes and pooches are supposed to be the best of buds.  One comic strip I've enjoyed for a while is about just that...

Dog Eat Doug

But what about boys and their cats? Drew absolutely adores our cat, Rico. He meowed long before he even thought of trying to say "mama" (and long before he said "arf arf"). If he sees Rico anywhere within arm's reach, he eagerly crawls to him to pet and maul him. He imitates Rico to the point that I wonder if he's learning more from us or from the cat.

Drew enjoys our dog Lucy, too, but she's still quite nervous around him and tends to run away when he comes near. As you'll see in this collection of videos, Rico does not. He either enjoys the attention that much, or he's just too stupid. Either way, it works.  Check out some of my videos (some shared previously) of Drew and his cat, Rico.

The first is one of my favorites. It's from today and shows just how much Rico puts up with (and I also love how Drew pulls the chair towards himself at the end). Drew also does his little "meow" sound in this video.



Proof that Drew seems to be learning lots from Rico... here he rubs on and "claws" a scratching post (an older video, as are the rest of these)



Then there's also this one where Drew tosses and chases toys the way Rico does...



Then, of course, there are theses videos of them just playing together (and proof that Rico really doesn't care what Drew does to him)





And while I'm at it, why don't I share one of my favorite Rico videos. From long before Drew's time...



P.S. Yes, we do have 2 cats. Our other cat, Jibs, is much like Lucy and pretty much steers clear of Drew's grubby little hands.

2 comments:

  1. These videos are so funny! I love the second one where he's scratching the post. It's just precious how he smiles at you and comes towards you at the end! And I'm glad Drew's a cat person, but I'm sure Lucy will warm up to him as soon as he starts petting her without scaring her. Then she won't leave him alone!
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Drew. :-(

    But Rico is one wonderful cat!

    ReplyDelete