First, Drew turned 1!
My aunt made a beautiful album of the photos she took before, during, and after his party! Take a look!
Click here to view this photo book larger
After the party Stacey and I ran the Peachtree Road Race. We totally won! And by that, of course, I mean we finished, which FEELS like winning since it was 6 miles on a hot July day in Georgia. I won't even tell you what the temperature was by the time we finished, but it was hot. And we were sweaty. But sweaty is sexy, right?
![]() |
| Don't worry, I'm purchasing a photo |
Then we flew to Chicago/Naperville.
The very next day we drove up to Wisconsin to visit Jason's extended family. None of them had met Drew yet, so we figured a year was long enough and it was time to make some introductions.
| Hi Great Grandpa Swanda! |
| Hi Great Grandma! |
| Meeting second cousin Julia |
| Other side of the family Uncle Mike |
| Second cousin Nikki. Drew liked her! |
| Another Uncle Mike |
| Enjoying the cooler-than-Georgia weather! |
We had lots of plans for the rest of our trip, but the day after returning to Chicago we ended up here...
Drew caught a nasty stomach bug, as I've mentioned. We took him to a walk-in clinic and they sent us to the ER so Drew could get some IV fluids. They also gave him some anti-nausea meds that helped. A lot!
![]() |
| Sleepy, maybe, but feeling better! |
![]() |
| What is this?? |
![]() |
| Ah heck, I'm too tired to care! |
![]() |
| Told ya. (This picture breaks my heart) |
The next day Drew seemed to be feeling better so my mom and I headed to the Morton Arboretum to play in the Children's Garden. We got some cute pics, but headed home early as Drew really didn't seem to be up to par.
![]() |
| Musical flowers! |
A popsicle and the sprinkler helped us cool off.
The next day the rest of us came down with the nasty bug. Then it was time to leave!
![]() |
| Poor Grandpa isn't feeling well!! |
That was pretty much all of our adventures!
Since returning home we've been enjoying the back yard with the sandbox from Jason's mom, the kiddie pool, and the swing from Jason's dad. One last week of vacation before I return to work full time. Boo. :(
P.S. I realize formatting is a little off, but I completely give up at this point!














No comments:
Post a Comment