Drew is a true Renaissance man developing skills and loves in many fields. He loves sports- he has fun kicking the soccer ball with Daddy and dunking basketballs (beebaw) over and over again in his hoop. He loves his pets and is constantly chasing down Rico or Lucy for hugs (Jibs is never to be seen during these moments). He loves reading and bringing me books and saying "wap! Wead!" (Lap! Read!). Now he's adding the arts. You've seen some of his love for music lately- it has NOT stopped. First thing in the morning he says "dwums?". And now we've got a little Picasso!
He's actually learning the colors pretty well. By no means is he perfect, but he generally gets blue, yellow, and orange. He tends to get green and red confused and I'm *really* hoping it's just because he hasn't learned them well enough yet and that it isn't a sign that he's partially colorblind (red/green is one of the most common kinds of colorblindness). His favorite color seems to be brown... at least, that's the paint color he's always asking for more of.
And here's a little snapshot (a little later on... obviously)
I sent this photo to Jason on his phone and said "he's decided to go camo". Jason's response: "Our little Peeta." It made me laugh so hard! It's so true! And I wish I hadn't freaked out and wiped the big smear of paint off his cheek. I was tidying up some stuff and turned around to find him licking paint off his lips, so I wiped it up then realized what a great photo it would have made! (His cheek was covered from lips to ear, eye to chin)

No comments:
Post a Comment