Thursday, July 12, 2012

Alyson's Arrival

Today I got to witness a beautiful miracle, the birth of my best friend's baby girl Alyson. It was absolutely amazing to be on the other side, watching the strength and determination of a Mommy-to-be. Stacey gave birth to Alyson with no epidural, no pain medication, nada... and afterwards smiled as she said that it really wasn't so bad (not fun, of course, though). She was one of those that "made birth look easy" (even though I knew from experience that it's not) and gave me encouragement that I can do this again myself.

Alyson Dawn Wintemute, 8 lb. 5 oz., 22 inches long, arrived at 10:34 am after only 4 hours at the hospital.










Birth is such an amazing thing. It's so delicate, yet so powerful. So precious, but so strong. So ugly, but so SO beautiful! I can't wait to do it all over again!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to Stacey and Dan, and Welcome to sweet Alyson!!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete