Sunday, September 23, 2012

Married with Children

We are apparently at the age where nearly all of our friends are now married and have children. Minus a short period in college, I've always wanted to get married and have kids, so I've definitely "imagined" life this way. But at the same time I feel like I've never really pictured us like this. Perhaps because we've known all of these friends since before kids, before marriage, and in many cases, before girlfriends/boyfriends. Or maybe it's just hard to imagine what it's like to have a house full of kids. Either way, I laugh when I realize just how much things have changed in only a few short years.

This last week we've been particularly busy with our friends and the kiddos and it's been fun and interesting to see how getting out and about (or even eating in) has changed so drastically.


Last Saturday we took Drew and Alyson to their first baseball game!




 Then of course was the fair with Haley and Raegan...




Yesterday we went apple picking with Alyson again...





Little ones!


Alyson sure was cozy!

And today we hosted a somewhat traditional monthly "Sunday Dinner" with Jason's gang of friends and the little ones, including Haley, Raegan, and Avery. I say "traditional" because we only just started to get back in the habit. When we did this more frequently Haley was the only little one! Things sure have changed (and are going to change some more!)


Avery is helping Raegan with her paci

The kids are a blur as usual



Kids table!

Oh wait, kids and moms (for now, at least)

They guys get to watch footbally
(But they really are helpful, so no complaints)

It really is fun going through this with so many friends, even if things feel a little chaotic right now. Does that ever get better? I can't wait until Cassie's little Zoe is here, and Floodlet, too! Just imagine how much MORE fun we'll have!

1 comment:

  1. Since moving here, we have had a few get togethers with all the kids and it is just how I remembered those things being when I was the kid, just from the other perspective. I never knew how loud we were!! I love it though.

    ReplyDelete