Trinity: Do you have a baby in your belly?
Me: Yup!
Trinity: Did Aunt Stacey give it to you?
Me: No, I... umm.... well... uhhhh... no.
How do you respond to that question? She obviously remembers Stacey being pregnant, so that's where she got the idea from, but my reaction was to tell her who "gave" me the baby... probably not a good idea! Thankfully I just ended with "no". After the fact Stacey suggested I could have said God gave it to me. :)
I pretty much fall into my pants every morning. I apparently lack the balance, flexibility, and physical stamina to put on pants like a normal person anymore. Can't do it sitting down either.
I am getting really adept at picking things up with my feet. Why do I drop so many things? It's also very nice to have a 2 year old for that reason.
After doing testing at a high school I have learned that I feel bad for pregnant teenagers. Those desks (the ones where the chair and desk are attached) are not meant for preggos. Seriously, I had to squeeze myself in and out and be careful if I leaned forward, backward, or in any way changed my position.
I complained about needing my arms to grow; now I think Drew needs to grow. Just a few more inches and I wouldn't have to heave him into his booster seat, car seat, onto the toilet, etc. It's been a killer for my back.
I am looking forward to cooler weather! I've been saying this all summer because I have been so HOT. The temperatures are finally starting to become bearable again, but it still needs to get a bit cooler so a) I can stop shaving my legs (a nearly impossible task), and b) I can break out my cool weather maternity clothes. I am SO sick of my current clothes.
I have truly given up on hand-washing dishes anymore. Our sink is just too deep and long and the height of the counter hits right at my belly button forcing me to bend in horrible ways making my already sore back so much worse. I am SO thankful to have such a wonderful and helpful husband!
![]() |
| My kitchen without Jason |
More pregnancy comments... Same lady at work (who made sure to note my weight gain) told me "your boobs are still small! Aren't they supposed to grow?". I told her they have grown, it's just hard to tell since there isn't much there in the first place.
On the flip side, I had a woman actually walk up to me just to tell me I have the cutest belly she's ever seen. I haven't gotten very many nice comments, so it was so good to hear.
And THIS picture makes me understand some of the comments and reactions I get from people. Seriously... I swear I don't look like this in the mirror! I know the camera "add 10 pounds", but if this is really what people are seeing, then no wonder people act like they're going to have a heart-attack when I tell them, no, I'm not going to birth this baby in their building, I actually have 4+ weeks left...
| Me at 36 weeks (taken 2 days ago) |
On a side note, most girls already know this, but I'm learning the hard way. Bending your arms makes them look SO much thinner. Never doing the arms-plastered-to-my-side thing again.... :P (See previous belly photos).
Also, I know I've been bad this time around with "monthly" belly photos. Time is... well... not flying (I get irritated when people say "wow, your pregnancy has gone so fast!" I always say "for you!")... but time certainly is getting away from me.
.jpg)
Ah, I had forgotten about the discomfort of trying to reach into the sink or even just prepare food at the counter. I do remember having a maternity bathing suit that was worn all nubbley right at counter height.
ReplyDeleteIs that lady at work always that mean? If so, avoid her.
I've been taking cutting boards and bowls to the table for cooking! SO much easier. Doesn't work for washing dishes, though.
DeleteAnd no, she's really very sweet. She's just... blunt (by nature and culture). She's also never had kids so I think she just doesn't "get it".
Oh, and I completely forgot the bent-arms suggestion when I had our picture taken this weekend. Drat.
ReplyDeleteIf you really had to, you could wash your dishes in a big bowl.at the table. Then rinse with the sprayer and let dry.
ReplyDeleteBut I am sure Jason likea helping you.