My first "gift" was getting to sleep in. James woke up even earlier than normal this morning, and thanks to his new-found ability to take bottles easily (one day at our preschool was all it took!), Jason was able to get up with him and feed him while I continued to sleep.
Then we were off to church for the morning, with a quick stop at Panera for me to get one of my beloved Cinnamon Crunch bagels (I eat those things like they're dessert). I had nursery duty at church, but I only had Drew, James, and one other little sweetie, so it was nice and easy. Drew and the other little boy had a great time playing with trains together. :)
Lunch was my next "gift". On a particularly rough night this week I told Jason, on my 87th time of getting up to refill a glass of milk/rinse off a dropped spoon/grab a knife/grab the butter/ketchup/salad dressing I forgot from the fridge, that for Mother's Day all I wanted was to SIT STILL FOR AN ENTIRE MEAL! A few moments later I went on to add that I'd also like a meal with no whining or crying, and I'd like to be able to eat with BOTH hands. Jason's response: "you realize that means you'd have to eat alone, right?" So off to Burger King went Jason and the boys while I happily enjoyed a lunch at home while reading the Sunday comics!
I guess Burger King wore them out because the boys then surprised us both by taking excessively long naps. Drew has been fighting naps for the past few months, but he went down fairly easily, as did James. And usually James wakes earlier than I'd like, but not today! They both slept over TWO hours! I got to take a lovely nap myself. :)
Dinner wasn't as calm and peaceful as my lunch, but it was great to spend it with my boys and it sure was delicious! Grilled burgers using the meat from our freshly purchased quarter of a cow, fresh corn on the cob, and salad and peaches provided by our weekly box of organic goodies! I might have to admit that I ate 3 whole peaches! They were actually quite small, but oh my gosh they were fabulous!! James munched on some peaches too, though he wasn't as much a fan as I was. Actually, I guess that means I ate more like 3 and a half peaches as I finished off what James didn't eat.
To wrap it all up we headed to Bruster's for a treat I haven't been able to enjoy in a long time: ice cream! With the discovery that James is actually not allergic to dairy, but to eggs instead, I've been allowing myself to eat some dairy again. Would you believe that once I started eating dairy again, his rash came back?? So I've only been eating dairy in small amounts until we see the allergist and figure out what's going on, but today called for a special treat.
| Drew's favorite is now Mint Chocolate Chip. Why? Because his favorite color is green. :) |
My gifts included my new garden in the backyard (yes, that's what I asked for. It was a bit pricey to get it all started. Pictures to come when things are actually growing well. I hope that means you'll get to see pictures this year!), and this beautiful bag Drew made for me at school. It's perfect for my return to work this week.
The only other thing that could have made today more perfect would have been spending it with my mom. But we did get to video chat via FaceTime! I hope all of my other mommy readers had a wonderful day as well!
Love the bag! And it's great we were able to have some FaceTime. You are a wonderful mommy/daughter, Diane.
ReplyDelete