Nothing exciting has been going on this week. School has been rough... I am wondering how I am going to keep up the energy! On top of that I am finding it hard to get in the right attitude. A lot of the kids I teach are going through a lot of stuff at home, and I try to understand that when dealing with them, but this week I've just felt like yelling and screaming at them. And it's not even been behavior related... I've been getting so frustrated with.... well... their stupidity!! I know... I know... their kids, but they just don't think before they speak! I guess it's hormones getting in the way, because I am usually more patient than this, but seriously.... when I ask what day of the week it is, and we agree it's "miercoles" then I ask what tomorrow is... why would you say "miercoles"!? I know we're speaking in another language, but we do this EVERY week!!! Sigh....
I got two nice large bags of clothes upon Jason's return from his trip from his sister Andrea who just had a baby boy last summer. It's been a ton of fun going through the cute clothes! (Thanks Andrea, btw). Now I'm really starting to think about needing to get things ready. I've sort of done some searches online for ideas.... but really haven't done anything. I still have a good bit of time, but I'm starting to worry... but what else is new? ;)
I did have an interesting dream the other night.... speaking of worrying.... I dreamt that I gave birth to a Cabbage Patch doll! How weird is that? And to make it weirder, I was told in my dream (as I was packing the doll in the car seat to bring home from the hospital) that "it sometimes happens, but the real baby is still on the way". What a weird dream!! Wondering what it means...
So we're at 20 weeks now!! That's half-way!! It feels good and bad at the same time... half of me is happy thinking we're that much closer to meeting our little one! But half of me is thinking "I have all this to do all over again, and it's only going to get worse from here?" The past 20 weeks have not seemed short, and I doubt it's going to feel any shorter as the school year gets closer to the end. And I know that I've had it really easy... but I've already started having back pain and aches down the sides of my belly, I can only imagine it's going to get a lot worse! It also makes me feel, as mentioned above, that I really need to start thinking about getting things ready!
At 20 weeks our Floodling is the size of a cantaloupe!! Next week will be the last week with a weekly size update! After week 21 we only get a monthly fruit! How sad!
Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches
long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements
are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump"
measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.) And while your baby is definitely getting bigger, there's still plenty of growing room in
there, which allows him to twist and turn (and allows you to feel his
acrobatics!).
Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for
nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days,
those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies
respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning,
think about what you'd like your future child to eat as you prepare
your own lunch.

How cool about the amniotic fluid!! You should definitely work on eating lots of veggies so that baby flood will love them! -Stacey
ReplyDeleteYes, especially since Daddy Flood doesn't like veggies at all!!
ReplyDeleteSo, a cabbage patch doll?? Reminds me of the class you took in high school and how you had to look after a baby doll for several days. Wasn't that fun? ~ 'Grandma' Simpson
ReplyDelete