I have to say, for the longest time I always thought I would wait to find out. But, of course, now that I'm actually pregnant, things are a little different because I just really want to know! On top of the fact that I have already had to wait four and a half months so it IS a surprise, I kind of feel like waiting is now just sort of "romanticized". What's the point in waiting? Of course, on the same lines, what's the point in finding out? We both don't care either way, but I think it will make planning easier. We'll still have to buy some unisex items like car seats and high chairs since we don't plan on this being the only child, but I would like to be able to decorate the baby's room and be able to buy some clothes knowing what the sex will be. On top of that, since so many people do find out nowadays, it's harder and harder to find unisex items.
In addition to being excited about finding out the gender, I'm super excited about just getting to see baby Floodling again! And not only that, but being able to recognize a baby, and not just a blob! We are hoping things go well and that baby's not too wiggly or doesn't have his or her legs crossed preventing us from being able to see the special parts, but in addition to that we are of course praying that the scan shows that our baby is happy and healthy!
So, you will definitely be hearing from me again tomorrow. But, don't expect anything too early! My appointment is late afternoon. I don't know exactly when I'll have a chance to write so I'm going to say don't expect anything before 7:00 pm just to be on the safe side... ;)

My phone is at my side all day!!! ~Mommy
ReplyDelete