The day off was incredibly welcome after my busy and stressful week! My News Team did a great job in their Wednesday morning debut! However, cords got mixed up sometime between Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning (who would touch those!?!?) and we could NOT get live feed in time for Thursday morning. We had to run to the front office at the last minute to do announcements over the intercom... not a fun way to start out the morning (stressing and running around before 8:00 is not my choice of wake-up call). Then I spent every spare minute I had the rest of the day Thursday playing with the cords until my fingers hurt from screwing and unscrewing cable wires! I did manage to fix it though, ALL BY MYSELF! Who knew I was so tech savvy??
So, with all that, the snow day was welcome... a day for me to chill out and again focus on taking care of myself!
Our baby is growing lots these days and is now the size of an onion! I'm trying to figure out if I'm feeling movements now! I think I keep feeling little flutterings and nudges, but I can't feel anything from the outside when I put a hand on my belly. The sensations are so light it's easy to make myself think I just imagined it.... and on top of that it's not like things haven't been gurgly in that area these days... but I think by now I know what gas feels like as opposed to something else. I've read that people usually start feeling movement between weeks 14 and 22... but that first time moms are more likely not to feel anything until closer to week 20 (or at least not to recognize what they're feeling). I've also read that "skinny minnie" moms tend to feel movements earlier than larger moms because the extra "padding" can kind of mute the sensations... and though I am by no means going to claim that I am fat, my pudge tends to accumulate on my tummy so I'd be kind of surprised to be feeling things so early.
Your baby's skeleton is changing
from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to
the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5
ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, her sweat glands are starting to develop, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.
Don't forget to vote!! (Check out the right-hand column of the page!)

From my experience, you'll first be able to feel small flutterings inside for a while but won't be able to feel anything from the outside when you touch your tummy (nor will anyone else). So you probably are feeling some baby movements! Love, Mommy
ReplyDeleteFinger prints!! Cool! And I'm guessing you're feeling baby movements, because if your baby is anything like you he/she will be trying to talk or communicate by any means as soon as possible. ;) Give the belly a pat for me!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Laura
LOL Laura, you're probably right!
ReplyDeleteIf you are not a skinny minnie, I don't know who is! They say the first movements are flutters! I doubted what I was feeling until I started feeling definite kicks also though.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!! I will follow along (if thats ok) because I love blogs and being able to keep better in touch with people that way. Plus baby journeys are always so exciting. I read through a few of your recent posts and its so interesting how similar things are. For the record, I had the same signs as you...and had a girl ;)Excited to follow!
ReplyDeleteHi Christina! I don't mind at all if you follow along... in fact I was following your blog during your competition! :P Your commitment was very motivating! I can't wait to find out what we're having... and I don't put a lot of stock in old wives tales... for good reason it seems! ;)
ReplyDelete