Thursday, January 14, 2010

It's a Boy!

As such I figured the blog could use a facelift!

We finally know!  And I can say I was more surprised than I thought I'd be!  I honestly thought I didn't have suspicions one way or another as to whether I thought we were having a boy or a girl, but apparently the back of my mind was saying girl and I didn't really realize it!  Apparently most everyone else was saying girl too as the vote was 64% in favor of girl!  Big surprise today!

So the scan went really well!  Everything looks good.... our little boy looks happy and healthy!  The doc said he can't guarantee he'll go to Harvard or Yale but things look great.  Jason said it doesn't matter anyway, as long as he has a good golf swing. ;)

I could actually tell before the technician told us for sure that it was a boy.  As she went through checking out each part she was showing us his legs and thigh bones.  Then she moved on without saying anything, but I was pretty sure I had seen "something there".

Sure enough, when she did go back to show us, I was right!  She said he had everything hanging out, like he was showing it off and proud to be a boy!  She said there was no denying it... we could see that all the pieces were there. :)

It was really cool to see our baby like that and not just the blob we've been seeing!  We could see him moving his arms and legs around!  The technician even kind of "zoomed in" on his head and I could see him opening and closing his mouth!  Practicing "sucking" as the weekly updates have said... that was awesome!  She wanted to get a good profile pic of the whole body, but he wouldn't sit still long enough.  One second he'd lay flat then the next his feet were up by his head... it was kind of funny.

Things are definitely starting to feel more real now!  And I have to admit I have already been doing a few preliminary searches for bedding and other items now that we know!  I couldn't resist!

Here are some of the peeks we got of our Baby Boy Floodling!

Our baby's side profile!



His foot (towards the top) that I'm sure I will be feeling more of!



He's definitely a boy!



A kind of eerie front view, but you can see the already cute belly!! (Head is on the left, belly on the right... you can see his forehead, eye sockets, and chin shape!!!)

3 comments:

  1. We are so excited Diane & Jason! We are going to be the World's Greatest Bad Uncle and Awnt to Floodling! Steve is planning fishing trips and I am planning snow-capades. Love and Hugs, B.A. Sue & B.U. Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute already! Look at that little chin! And I was less surprised than I thought, I apparently already thought it was a boy (and I did vote that way). Congratulations! Let me know when I can start buying and sending you little boy gifts. ;)
    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue- I am definitely looking forward to ski/snowboard trips, and fishing trips sound fun too (for the boys of course!)
    Laura- I thought you would have voted "girl". You kept accidentally saying "she" over the holidays... haha, that's funny. And Jason already bought the first outfit (yes, him, not me!). A little Michael Jordan onesie. :P No gifts are expected, but if you are so inclined, feel free. ;) I figure we won't be buying a lot of clothes on this end knowing that we'll probably get plenty. (I can never just buy a gift off a registry, I always have to buy a cute outfit too!)

    ReplyDelete