Saturday, February 13, 2010

Travelin' baby!

We're here in Tahoe!  Woohoo!  Floodling is going to be well traveled before he even arrives!  He's already been to Milwaukee WI, Chicago IL, San Francisco CA and now Tahoe NV!  Actually, he's even traveled to the beach in Jekyll Island GA.  Maybe he'll catch my travel bug!

Yesterday was a miserably long day!  The flight out to SF was 5 hours long.  We picked up Laura (yay!), got to see her place in the city, did a wee bit of sight seeing (Lombard St., Golden Gate Bridge), had some In N Out for lunch, then hopped in the car for another 4 hour journey.  It should have been much shorter than that but we hit pocket after pocket of traffic.  I was in soooo much pain by the time we got to our resort.  My back just can't handle being in cramped positions like that and not being able to stretch my legs out.  I find it funny that I am much more comfortable as long as I am up and walking around as opposed to sitting, it seems sort of backwards to me....  for that reason though it's a good thing I'm a teacher and don't have an office job!

I think Floodling wishes as much as I do that I could be on the slopes today!  He's been wiggling all over the place... "Mom! Let's get moving! Let's DO something!"  I've been hoping Laura would have a chance to feel him, but it's so hard.  He seems to stop moving whenever there's a hand (even my own) on my belly.  Not to mention it's hard for others to distinguish the movements from my pulse and breathing... it's kind of like "I think I felt something!" and I'm like "no... I don't think so....".  Jason has yet to feel him move too!  He's a shy guy I guess.

I do LOVE skiing and am really wishing I could be out there too!  Jason is snowboarding at Heavenly, which is one of the biggest ski resorts here in Tahoe.  He said the slopes were actually quite clear today.  We thought it would be busy with holiday travelers.  He said some of the runs take 10 to 15 minutes to get down!  Besides Mt. Baker in Washington, most of the resorts we do are in NC or VA and while they're nice, they're definitely not the Rockies!  As much as I'm wishing I could be out there too, I know why I'm not and that makes it a little easier.  Next winter though... I think someone will be getting Floodling for a few days while we take a ski trip that I can actually ski!! Any volunteers? ;)

Floodling is now the size of a papaya.  The website I've been using only gives weekly sizes up to 21 weeks.  From 22 onwards it's monthly.  I may be searching for my own pics from here on out... I guess we'll see.  Right now the papaya is for the rest of month 5- weeks 22 to 24.
At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.


1 comment:

  1. Of course you will have volunteers! Hope you're having fun out there despite not being able to ski. At least you have some enjoyable company! ~ 'Grandma' Simpson

    ReplyDelete