Saturday, February 27, 2010

LOL!

Week 24! That's "technically" month 6, though I say technically because we all know that every month (except for the one that we're currently in) is longer than 4 weeks.  Various books, websites, etc. all proclaim that month 6 starts at various different weeks, but I've more or less been going with the 4 weeks per month thing.  Of course that means I can expect my pregnancy to be about 10 months long as the "average" pregnancy is 40 weeks, but you know....

Floodling has still been very active this week, though still not as much as he was on Wednesday!  I'm still curious what he was up to!  Maybe I'll find out at my next ultrasound that he managed to change positions (since he was upside down at the last one).  My best friend Stacey did finally get to feel him though!  She made me laugh so hard... she's been trying desperately for quite a while to feel him moving, even before I could really feel him well.  And a few times she's had her hand on my belly and I've felt him and asked "did you feel that!?" and she hasn't.  She started to say she thought her hand was broken.  Well, Floodling started wiggling after dinner the other night (we go out to dinner every Thursday for trivia!) so I put her hand on my belly and just kind of pressed it there.  And FINALLY he gave a good kick where her hand was!  She shouted and had many people in the restaurant looking at her!  That made me laugh so she could no longer feel him but she did have the joy of experiencing the weirdness of my belly button! (My belly button gets hard and pokes out when I cough or laugh... it's very odd).

On that note, I've been thinking I want to laugh more these days.  Have you seen videos of laughing babies?  Not just giggly babies, but babies that have a good ol' hearty laugh?  I think it is sooooo adorable, and I want a happy laughing baby like that.  I've started wondering if those babies come from moms who laugh a lot.  They say you should talk to your baby, and even sing and read books, so laughing would have to be a good sound for them to hear, right?  I also wonder if if babies would like the sensations of the rocking and shaking too.  And not only that, but doesn't laughing release endorphins? Do you think baby gets a little kick of that too?  I've been wondering this for a while... along with wondering if he gets a kick of adrenaline if I get scared, or feels any of my other emotions.  So many emotions seems to be tied into chemicals that are released in our bodies.  What are your thoughts? Does Floodling feel my emotions?



and...


How can you not laugh and smile when you watch those??

I've started thinking since I don't have weekly fruit pics anymore for size and growth that I'd like to put up a pic of what baby looks like in the womb at this point.  I'm having a hard time finding something to my satisfaction, but this will work.  On a side note I discovered it was me that was mistaken last week, not the website.  I commented that the website claimed baby was the size of a mango but they had a picture of a corn cob for that week.  Turns out I grabbed the wrong pic, the corn cob should have been for this week!  Oops!

 

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

Keep an eye out this week for my monthly belly photo!  I also may be posting some thoughts on some books I'm reading these days...

1 comment:

  1. Did you know your baby will be born in the year of the Tiger? He'll be the same as his bad Aunt Laura!
    Love the baby laughing videos. Love, 'Grandma' Simpson

    ReplyDelete