Sunday, February 14, 2010

So I haven't been imagining things...

Yay!  Finally, after 4 weeks of feeling the kicks myself, I finally got someone else to feel Floodling!  I was laying down this afternoon after returning from some Tahoe sight-seeing and, as usual when I'm still, he started kicking.  Jason was going to head out to the casino to waste $40 and came over to give me a kiss good bye.  I decided to grab his hand and put it on my belly (I don't even try half the time because whenever I do he stops kicking).  Well, within seconds Floodling kicked and I knew Jason felt it because I saw his eyes open a little wider.  Then he kicked again, a big kick, and Jason broke into a big smile and went "oh yeah! I feel him! That's weird!".  I was really happy to see his reaction... while he's very excited about the whole pregnancy, he doesn't get excited about the typical stuff.  He was very "meh...." about finding out the gender (he said it didn't matter either way, which it didn't, but it was still exciting to me).  And he just doesn't get as happy as I do seeing the ultrasound scans.  He did point out though that he was the first to run out and buy an outfit, and that we just show our excitement in different ways.  So... in any case, I didn't think he'd be all that excited about feeling kicks, and he really hasn't been eager to try, so I was really pleased to see him look so surprised and happy! :)

AND, since Jason had gotten to feel him, I decided to call Laura over to try.  He had kicked a few really big kicks after Jason left, but of course as soon as Laura put her hand on my belly I felt nothing.  She sat there for a minute and nothing... so I took her hand and poked around a bit.  Still nothing... then finally a little one, then a bigger one!  Laura's face was awesome too!  She thought it felt really cute, like a little "nudge".

So I haven't been making it up or imagining things!  There is definitely something growing and moving around in there! I have definitely been feeling him more and more these days.  For a little while I would feel him a lot one day, then not at all the next (which would worry me).  Now I feel him every day, and though some days are still stronger than others, overall it is getting more frequent and stonger.

P.S. Stacey- I know you'll be jealous but hopefully this means you'll get to feel him soon too! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment