Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday Minute: Future Gamer

Here's my future gamer...


As I've said before, I'm a little torn on the "screen time" thing- supposedly not good for children under age 2 (because there is little interaction and mental stimulation), but Drew really enjoys playing games on the iPad from time to time, and is actually starting to "get it". As seen in the video, I couldn't believe Drew was actually hitting the coins and avoiding the pirates and boats (though the boats aren't actually bad)! This isn't my first choice of game on the iPad (though I could claim it's good hand-eye coordination practice), I prefer the animal flashcards and memory cards that teach him new words, but it's still fun to see how he's learning and grasping new concepts. NO, this is not an excuse to say I should let him play iPad all day (15 minutes max is good), nor is it to say iPad is bad, just that it's... well... FUN!

This would be a reason I DON'T want him
playing electronic games

2 comments:

  1. Wow, and he switched hands as well to touch the coins. Interesting. I know he sees all...doesn't miss a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ambidextrous?! I saw that too Mary Ann...interesting! And wow, he's got a good eye!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete