Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Details

Perhaps you've wanted to know a little more since my big wordless announcement?

I am saying my due date is November 1st. Yes, "saying". That means I'm not fully telling the truth. If you remember anything about Drew's arrival you may be able to figure out which direction I'm fudging. I promise it's not by much. Just enough for a little less pressure.

So far I'm feeling fine. Wiped out. Pooped. Exhausted. Wanting to fall asleep on my feet. But fine. In other words, I have been thankful to, once again, miss out on the morning sickness. Perhaps it's another boy, or maybe it's just good genes. Either way I'm not complaining. (Until the last couple of days that is- but that could very well be the "stomach bug" Drew apparently caught).

Yes, we've told Drew, but no, he doesn't get it. Maybe when my belly gets a bit larger...

Speaking of large bellies, is it seriously this big already?? I know they say it pops faster the second time around, but I still wasn't expecting this. I am embarrassed to admit that I've broken out a few pairs of maternity pants. Partially for comfort, and partially for looks. While I can finagle my normal pants to work, they make me look awkwardly fat-but-pregnant-but-maybe-just-fat and it's a look I don't really appreciate. The maternity pants give a smooth, round look, rather than a lumpy, bumpy look, so I feel like they highlight "possible baby belly" instead of "too many donuts belly".

I am surprised how many people quickly ask "do you want a boy or a girl this time?". Obviously, we will be happy either way. I would love for Drew to have a little brother to play with, just like I had my sister. And I have a hard time imagining anything but boys now. But I think a girl would be fun. I always imagined myself with a girl when I was younger. I've been told by no less than 5 people that they are "secretly" hoping for a girl (P.S. It's not really a secret when you tell me!). Wondering if this is some sort of big prediction, or if I'm going to let a lot of people down...

Also, working with international coworkers makes for interesting pregnancy conversation since cultural norms (and taboos) are a little different. After my announcement one coworker said "Oh! I saw you were getting FAT  [motioned with wide arms]  and I thought 'why is she getting fat? She is so thin, she should not be getting fat now'".  Another coworker later, in reference to the pregnancy, asked "are you putting on weight? I think you are putting on weight." (Ummm... no, actually, not yet really. But thanks for mentioning it). Sigh... I think I'm going to have some fun...

So, that's the scoop for now. I will keep you updated with pics, ultrasounds, and all that good stuff (P.S. No ultrasound yet, which is crazy because at this point with Drew I had already had at least 3. But since I haven't had issues, and since, according to my new doc, "it's only necessary for dating, and you know your last menstrual period so we know the date" I don't need one until 12 weeks. Sad.)

2 weeks ago @ 8 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment