Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday Minute: Cooties

Drew has had some sort of stomach bug for the last three days. Starting Thursday night/Friday morning he has thrown up once or twice, maybe three times, every day (except today, thankfully). It has been very strange because it hasn't been like the last stomach bug he got where he threw up non-stop over the course of a few hours. This has been very minimal, but has lasted so long. On top of that he has been acting like his normal, happy, playful self (until yesterday morning, which is when we decided it was time to go to an Immediate Care Clinic). After two doctor's opinions, and the fact that he seems to be feeling better, I am somewhat convinced that maybe it was indeed a stomach virus, and am hoping we're on the upside of things now. Especially since I don't know how much longer Drew will put up with crackers, toast, bananas, and applesauce. (He will be happy to put up with popsicles though).

Anyways, this video was taken on Friday, the first day of his "illness". I was giving him a popsicle to try and get some fluids in him, and I was trying to catch a video to show my mom how playful and happy he seemed. I also wanted to show off the awesome contraption that my mom got him- a popsicle holder! It catches the drips! AND you can flip it over and it can hold an ice cream cone! No more sticky hands! (Or Mommy having to hold the popsicle stick). I especially love that it can be set down.

I also managed to catch Drew showing off some colors (and me showing off the fact that sometimes I get distracted by video production instead of paying 100% attention to what my child is doing/saying- such as "yes that's blue" when he's pointing to red).

1 comment:

  1. Lol! Drew demonstrated that the Popsicle stays in quite well, even when you turn it upside down. Now, about those drips...at least they're not all over him. :)

    ReplyDelete