My family lives pretty much everywhere but here. Jason's, too. That's a large part of the reason for keeping this blog- since we're all spread so far apart, it's nice to have a place to post pictures, updates, and other fun things for everyone to see.
We are so thankful for things like the internet and Skype so Drew can still stay close to the family he doesn't get to see very often. He frequently begs me to talk to "Auntie Wawa" anytime the laptop is open or asks me if we can call Grandma and Grandpa.
I don't know how much Drew understands the concept of living far away, but we do try to teach him a little about geography and where his family lives. I certainly don't want him to be a fifth grader that, when asked what country he lives in tells me, "Georgia!" or worse, "Atlanta!" (that, unfortunately, happened frequently when I taught elementary school... 5th graders, no less). He does know that to see family we go to the airport where airplanes "go up and down". One evening an iPad game said the word "airport" and for the rest of the evening Drew begged me to go to the airport to get Aunt Laura.
So here's Drew showing off his geographical knowledge. No, he couldn't point these places out on a map, but this is a start. :) And, of course, when not on video he'll answer each question perfectly, but still, he's not too bad here (I tried about 5 times to get the "perfect" video, but, as usual, the first was the best).
And I thought this one was funny. Apparently Drew knows his B.A. Laura well even if she does live on the other side of the country. My guess is this comes from the fact that we get to wake her up every morning when she visits (being 3 hours behind makes trips to our side of the country pretty rough), but she really doesn't sleep much when she's here!
Great job, Drew! You'll know your geography well by the time you start learning it in school. Maybe we should move again to give you a new place to learn. ;)
ReplyDeletePlease don't!
Delete"Auntie Laura lives in the bed." If only that were true.. I would be very happy. I'm impressed at how well he knows his geography. Maybe you all need to come out to San Francisco again soon so I can show him around! :) I'm actually going to book my thanksgiving flights soon, so you can tell Drew he can definitely come get me from the airport then!
ReplyDelete~B.A. Laura
I just heard on the radio this morning that supposedly Southwest Airlines has good deals from ATL to SFO.
Delete