Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Simpson's Striders do it again!

Late, again... I know, but another good excuse.  Yesterday was our CF walk. I had a great time and our team raised... ready for it??  $8,467!!!  Woo hoo!!  We beat our $8,000 goal!

Now, normally we do a lot of fundraisers throughout the year for this walk... last year we submitted Wal-Mart grants (and got $1,000!!), we had a Pampered Chef party, we did a "Dining to Donate" at Applebees... this year I was a little lazy.  I claim to have an excuse but still feel bad that I didn't do as much as I normally do as Team Captain.

In spite of that, however, we are $75 from beating last year's total.  In our 7 years of doing the walk we have ALWAYS beat our previous year's fundraising.  I was resigned to accept that we probably wouldn't this year, but with $75 to go I'm really hoping we can do it!

So, with that being said, we are still accepting donations (the walk is NOT the deadline)!!  Please see the link in the right-hand column of this page!!


This is our team at the walk!  Last year and this year we had a big Homer balloon to go with our team theme (though I am not a Simpson anymore, I am still a Simpson at heart).  Not only did he go with our team theme, but he had a bouquet of roses behind his back.... what do roses have to do with CF?  Well there is a story that a mom was calling her family to let them know she had found out her son had cystic fibrosis.  When she got off the phone her son asked "what is sixty-five roses?"... so roses have become a trademark symbol for CF.  Well.... we lost our balloon.  He was tied to my camera but the knot came undone and he slipped away.  I was sooooo sad! (It's amazing the silly things that seem to devastate me these days).  But I decided I made a good enough team balloon! What do you think?


This is Homer and my dad and sis at last year's walk.... RIP Homer!

And to be honest, I can't believe I made it 3 miles!  Stacey's husband said we should always take a pregnant lady on our walk because he liked our pace this year... we definitely took it very slow.  But I made it, and am proud of myself!  We didn't stick around for the after-activities as we usually do though because the set-up was a little different this year and there were no tables and chairs!  And I don't know but after a 3 mile walk this pregnant lady was NOT going to be sitting on the ground!  So we went out as a team for pizza and had a good time.

So this lady finished a 3 mile walk at 35 weeks! Woo hoo!  And what is Floodling up to at 35 weeks??



Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the whole team - and yay you for making it the three miles with a baloon-belly! You look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job on the walk! Love the 'balloon' picture. You look great as usual but you are definitely getting biiigggg. Love, 'Grandma' Simpson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your shirts! That is such an awesome and creative idea! Congrats on a successful event - although now I feel bad about all my excuses not to start excercising and walking more - if you can do a 3 mile walk at 35 weeks pregnant I have no excuse not to accomplish 1 mile at 14 weeks! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a sticker on your belly in the "balloon" picture? You look adorable as the team balloon. :) I'm so sad I missed the walk, but I'm so proud of how awesome our team did this year!
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete