Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Maternity Clothes

Today I was at Kohl's picking up just a few pieces of clothing to help me make it to the end of this pregnancy.  I got a lot of winter clothes (thanks to my mom!), but I never really got around to shopping for Spring/Summer stuff.  I managed to pull off a lot of shirts I already owned, and Stacey's sister-in-law passed on a few items to me (though, unfortunately, they were size "Large" and only a few fit well enough to not look too ridiculous).  At this point it seems silly to invest in a lot of pieces but I wanted a pair of shorts, a pair of capris and a tank top or two.

While I was in line checking out a woman girl  in line behind me proclaimed "I refuse to wear maternity clothes."  She then proceeded to repeat herself loudly two more times until the cashier finally acknowledged her and said "oh look! You have a tiny tummy there!".  I was personally kind of insulted but just said to the girl "it gets kind of hard....".  What I really wish I would have said was "well, I refuse to let the bottom of my belly hang out of my clothing", as hers was getting mighty close to doing.

BTW, it was amazingly hard to find a pic of a belly hanging out even though I see it ALL the time!

She said she had three more months to go, and to be honest, maybe she can make it because she really did have a "tiny tummy".  All the more power to her I guess.  This is what I looked like with three months to go:


 I personally kind of looked forward to maternity clothes.  It was fun to shop for a new wardrobe and find cute ways to show off my tummy.  I also find maternity clothes rather comfortable.  My hips have definitely expanded so even with the various tricks to keep on using your old pants, I can hardly pull mine up let alone wear them comfortably.

I can honestly say though that I think my best friend for a lot of my remaining few weeks will be dresses!  I am getting kind of tired of the elastic waistbands and I'm truly fed up with trying to match my measly few pieces that fit.  Not to mention dresses are awesomely cool for the "Hot-lanta" summer!

1 comment:

  1. IMHO the naked belly is just TMI. (Trying to fit in another acronym here....) Seriously, it has "white trash" written all over it.

    ReplyDelete