Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My backyard haven

I'm really loving my backyard this Spring!  Why?

1. My beautiful roses are in FULL bloom this year!



2. I am looking forward to fresh tomatoes, green peppers, basil and parsley!


3.  I can enjoy nice evenings outside with my husband, dog, AND my kitties thanks to the nifty "cat fence" my husband and his dad installed! (A netting that juts out horizontally from the top of the fence)

On the prowl
4.  A family of bluebirds moved in!

Can you see mama bird feeding her babies?

5.  A lot of other birds also show off in my backyard...

I know it's blurry, but can you see the male and female cardinals?

The only problem with my backyard? It's not big enough for one of these...


In fact, it's hardly big enough to do this...


Or this...


Though it does seem to be big enough for this!

I think he'll make a great Daddy!

 P.S.  I'm still trying to reach my *new* Great Strides goal!  Please help!  Check out the box in the right-hand column!

4 comments:

  1. Your backyard looks great! ~ 'Grandma'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your roses look great! It's amazing what a little rain will do for them. And I'm sure your backyard will be big enough for Floodling for a little while, at least until he starts throwing the ball over the fence. ;)
    ~Bad aunt Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your roses look fabulous. What's your secret?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Wynn Anne... really I have NO secret with my roses. My biggest secret is that they are "Knock Out" roses and are supposed to be pretty low maintenance. I found out this year that they really mean that! I hardly trimmed them back in the fall and was sure they would be pathetic this year, but they look amazing! In fact my bushes are so full they're nearly falling over! Knock Outs are definitely more expensive than other roses, but pretty worth it if you want an easy-to-grow beautiful rose (I LOVE their deep pink color!).

    ReplyDelete