Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Very Merry Unbirthday

I keep saying that today is Drew's "one month birthday," but it isn't technically a birthday.  So I guess you could call it an "unbirthday" if you're into the whole Alice in Wonderland thing.  Either way, Drew is one month old today!


It's so hard to believe it's been a month already, and yet it's already hard to remember what life was like without him!

In just one month I've learned so much about this little "thing" that wiggled and squirmed inside of me...

I've learned that...Drew grunts rather than cries when he's hungry.

I've learned that...if I place him face down on my chest he is likely to wiggle his way all the way down to my boob, where he will subsequently begin licking my clothing (until the barrier is removed, of course).
He's actually just sleeping this time... unusual for him!

I've learned that...if he falls asleep while eating and I try to "pop him off" he will grunt at me.  If I do manage to unattach him he will throw his hands up by his face and lift his eyebrows as if saying, "how dare you!?"(all while still asleep).

I've learned that...if the noise in his diaper sounds like a real fart, that's probably all it is.  If it sounds like someone sat on a tomato, however, then we might have problems.

I've learned that...it matters which way "it" is aimed in his diaper.... If I don't point it down it likely means a soaking wet side and a necessary change of wardrobe.
See what happens??

I've learned that...Drew likes to "hold" his pacifier in his mouth by placing his fist on it.  At first I thought it was an accident, but he does it frequently..
Remember this one?

I've learned that...he loves his swing and almost always falls asleep when he's in it.
 So cozy!

I've learned that...He enjoys play time on his mat or in the pack n' play, but he also enjoys quiet time where he just observes his surroundings.
 Hi!!

I've learned that... Drew loves to talk (just like Mom)!  He makes some of the cutest happy noises while he plays on his mat, but he also makes angry noises.  My favorite is when he gets the pacifier in his mouth when he's fussing and he grumbles and sucks furiously.

I've learned that... every single person who told me "you don't understand love until you have a child" was absolutely 100% right.  I can't believe it's possible to love someone this much and I can't believe that the love gets stronger each and every day... cheesy I know, but it's true!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting more pictures - and he sounds like quite the little character. I got a kick out of him squirming down and licking your shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy one-month unbirthday Drew! He really is quite a character- he's so much fun for such a young infant. And you failed to mention that he squirms down just about anybody's chest, whether or not he'll get food out of it. ;) I love the one-month picture. He looks very peaceful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated "Unbirthday" to Drew!! I can't believe he's already a month old! Do you already have the overwhelming feeling like if you blink he'll be one? They grow up SO fast! I'm so happy that the three of you are doing well. I too found the shirt licking hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have the overwhelming feeling that if I blink I'll miss it! I have since abot day 3 when I read the book "Love You Forever" and bawled my eyes out through every page! In just one month he's gained 2 lbs., grown 3 inches and proven he has quite a personality. What will the next few months be like!?

    ReplyDelete