![]() |
| Using some help |
I hope I didn't fool you yesterday... Drew is not yet crawling. He's not quite sitting yet for that matter, but he is getting awfully close! At this point he "sits" (or rather, balances) for short periods of time. The first picture up there is blurry because he had been sitting up all nice and tall but by the time I was ready to snap the picture I could see that he was starting to fall and my hands cared more about grabbing him than capturing the moment. Though I did learn that when he does fall it really isn't a big deal- he kind of crumples then rolls over, and he seems to find that quite entertaining.
He is very intent on getting himself into the sitting position though. We've had two "moments" due to that fact. The first I already mentioned was when I tried to set him in his bouncy chair briefly only to have him launch himself forward and out of it (since, like a bad Mommy, I hadn't strapped him in). The second happened just a few days ago. I set him down on his changing table and he immediately tried to sit up and in doing so bonked his head on the rail along the sides of the table. Neither incident did any damage other than causing some loud crying for a minute or two, but they definitely made me realize I need to keep a hand/eye on him at all times!
Being in an upright sitting position pleases him to no end. Just check out the smile on his face when I help him sit up...
(He normally braces his arms and holds his head up better than that when we do this, but he was apparently being "lazy" or something this day....) If he's fussing during a diaper change I'll often take his hands and help him sit up and he'll grin all big then we're good to go again.
I keep having this image that once this kid gets all the right muscles coordinated he is going to take off running and never look back!



No comments:
Post a Comment