We here at the Flood household (with Stacey too!) were the Scooby Doo gang for Halloween! Better known as the Drewby Doo gang around these parts! For some reason I started calling Drew "Drewby Doo" a while ago and it wasn't until one day I said "Drewby Doo, where are you?" (just playing around since I obviously know where he is at all times) that I realized I got it from Scooby Doo. My sister and Jen both thought "Scooby Drew" was a cute nickname (and honestly makes more sense than Drewby Doo) but the 100 points goes to my cousin Samantha who figured it out because she noticed me calling him Drewby Doo at Thanksgiving in Canada.
So, anyway, when I was thinking of Halloween costumes for Drew it struck me that it would be adorable for him to be Scooby. Then yesterday, when trying to figure out exactly how I was going to put Scooby together and searching pictures online, it struck me again that Jason should be Shaggy... and the idea snowballed from there. We made our pumpkin into Scooby, we sat outside passing out the treats while playing the Scooby Doo theme song, and we even passed out Scooby Doo silly bands (I already planned to pass out silly bands instead of candy to be healthy and Wal-Mart just happened to have Scooby Doo ones!). We really should have done "Trunk or Treats" at the church and decked out the van as the Mystery Mobile!
The real gang
Here are some more pictures from our evening...
It was Stacey's idea to hand out candy on the front porch. I loved it! I loved watching all the kids and just being part of the Halloween atmosphere Also enjoyed some Pumpkin Spice hot chocolate out in the chilly air too!
Boo!
His tag says DD for Drewby Doo instead of SD!
Drew's costume was just a brown hoody that I hot glued felt spots and ears onto. I also glued the blue collar around it and glued the dog tag to it too. Cheap (the hoody was $3.50!) and easy!
Shaggy and Scooby, best buds of course!
I did the drawing, Stacey did the carving. What a perfect team!
Would you believe we're both wearing shirts as skirts?? We did our costumes as cheaply as possibly only buying socks and the shirt/skirt for Stacey, stockings and scarf for me, 3XL tee for Jason, and the hoody and felt for Drew. My scarf and the red shirt were the only items over $5 ($12 and $9 respectively) and they can be worn again easily!
Though Drew is too young to go trick-or-treating and we can't steal his candy yet (oops, did I say that out loud?), we got the best treat of all anyway... check it out...
Drew's first laughs! It was soooooooooo adorable, him in his little costume, laughing away. OMG, I nearly died from cuteness overload! I can't believe we caught it on video! Funny that of all the things I've done to try to get him to laugh it ended up being me saying "what?" over and over again....oh and kissing him too! Doesn't that just melt your heart even more??
Those laughs are really addictive! Could listen to them all night!
ReplyDeleteI love the 'Boo' picture. And of course Drew's first laughs. Amazing you caught them on video. :)
ReplyDelete