Believe it or not we actually got some snow here in Georgia! Drew had his first experience with "snow" yesterday only to be greeted by real snow today! Really it was just a "wintry mix" with some rain, some snow, lots of wind, and nothing sticking. But it sure was cold outside! It supposedly felt like 22 with the windchill. I say supposedly because to me it felt like -15. But I'm not whining or anything... (there IS a reason I choose to keep my little butt here in Georgia though- heat!!)
But the poor weather did not deter my plans for today! Stacey, Drew, and I went to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens for an exhibit they are hosting right now, "Chocolate: Seed to Sweet". I usually teach a lesson every year on chocolate as it is very important in ancient Latin American culture. I wanted to check out this exhibit for that reason AND today they were hosting some cooking demonstrations. Stacey and I were just dying to try the "Dulce de Leche German Chocolate Cupcakes". They were almost as fabulous as they sound, but for some unfortunate reason they were topped with coconut, and I'm not really a huge fan.
Thankfully the cooking demonstration was indoors and not in the gardens' "Outdoor Kitchen" because that wind was huffing and puffing! A lot of the actual chocolate exhibit, aside from the cooking demonstration, was unfortunately outside though. Us being us we thought we might just try and check out the outdoor part anyway... we ended up huddled inside a gigantic cacao pod trying to decide just what to do next- high tail it up the stairs with a stroller, or wander around trying to find a stroller-friendly path. We opted for the stairs both for our own cold hineys, as well as for Drew's sake (though as bundled as he was, he didn't seem to notice the cold)!
Though we missed a good part of the chocolate stuff, the indoor greenhouses were beautiful (and warm!).





No comments:
Post a Comment