Thursday, December 30, 2010

6 Monthiversary

How is it that half a year has flown by and I feel I've hardly noticed it?? In just six months Drew has become such a part of our lives that I can hardly remember what it was like without him.

And once again I feel like I suddenly awoke the other day to a new baby. He is so much more interactive now- laughing at silly things I do, playing with toys, trying to figure out how things work.... I can see his personality developing a little more and more each day.

I couldn't get him to stop grabbing the blocks in "six months" so I finally gave him his own




Think he's getting close to crawling??


Believe it or not, my "big" boy checked in at only 37th percentile for weight at his 6 month check up! Doctor says it's time to add some more solid foods (he's just started on rice cereal recently). But would you look at those chunky thighs and pudgy little wrists? If that's what 37th percentile looks like, what does a "normal" baby look like?

6 months passed with little fanfare or celebration as Mommy is a little overwhelmed these days, but we did have a play date with 9 month-old Grace, my friend Marshall's baby girl. Marshall and I went to high school and college together!



Drew was so adorable checking her out. Grace is just as interested in animals as Drew, so shortly after arriving she tried to crawl towards one of ours. As soon as Grace launched herself in Lucy's direction, Drew jumped, tilted his head, and stared with a furrowed brow seeming to say, "what is this creature? It's my size and looks like me, but it moves!" They had a good time playing side-by-side and trying to eat each others feet, and Grace showed Drew all the tricks of crawling and pulling up. It was a great way to spend his 6 monthiversary!

P.S. Don't forget to check out the "Monthiversary" page to reminisce over how little Drew used to be!!

2 comments:

  1. I love monthiversary pictures!! I've been so excited that they were coming up! That's a great one of him sitting and looking thoughtful with his block. :) I can't believe it was only a week ago that you guys were here.. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so darn cute and loveable! Happy six-month anniversary, Drew!

    ReplyDelete