Sunday, March 27, 2011

Catching some Zzzzzs


Is that not the cutest ever? Not sure how he ended up sleeping like that, but I LOVE it! <3

Things around here have been... exhausting. I find myself feeling very overwhelmed most of the time and just don't know what to do. Now that we've finished the half marathon, though, I have a little time back in my life. Perhaps that coupled with some beach time next week during Spring Break will be enough to recharge me and get me through to summer.

I did have a good weekend though and got to catch up a little on some rest. The fact that I did not have to run for 2 + hours either day helped, a LOT! Also, my parents were briefly in town and took Drew to the lakehouse Friday night so I got to sleep in on Saturday morning. Unfortunately I didn't get to sleep as late as I would have liked because I kept waking up feeling like I needed to do something. Just as I would drift off I would think "oh no! I need to....." and realize there was nothing I needed to do. Funny how that works. This morning, however, though we didn't sleep in, Jason and I did go back to bed while Drew took his morning nap. We slept almost 2 hours! I haven't done that in TOO long! I used to be known for my napping skills (haha, skills?) but I just don't get the chance to anymore. So many people tell you to nap when the baby naps, but you HAVE to eat, and showers are somewhat necessary, and if you're me, meds have to fit in there somewhere too.

Oh well... Spring Break is only one week away, and then you will definitely find me re-perfecting those nap skills!

1 comment:

  1. It was really great seeing everyone on the weekend! He slept like a baby on Friday night (hehe), even though we were constantly listening to the monitor to make sure he was doing okay.

    ReplyDelete