Saturday, January 12, 2013

A day at UGA

Today we visited my alma mater, The University of Georgia. It's something I've been meaning to do for a very long time! I told Drew this morning that we were going to visit Ms. Lisa in Athens, so all day he kept asking me "are we going to Athens?". I kept having to tell him "we're IN Athens!" (to which, in typical two-year-old fashion, he would reply "this is NOT Athens!").

First stop, Bear Hollow, a small (and free!) zoo with local animals

Pheasants

Black bears

Bobcats


A lunch stop at an old favorite, Clocked, made me a happy girl, even if I couldn't have the feta dressing :( Then on to north campus and the Arch!



Viewing his future?
(See the arch way down there?)

Yes, I'm still learning my new camera lens, so some of these are way over-exposed (didn't help that my camera battery was dying so I wasn't able to see previews of my shots after they had been taken).

Haha, future frat boy?

This guy said we HAD to get a picture of him with a frisbee
Then he showed Drew how to throw it

We, of course, had to make a stop to ring the chapel bell... but Drew was NOT a fan (is anyone surprised?).


We had so much fun with Lisa. After running around keeping Drew entertained (while I sat and fed James multiple times), I'm sure she went home and took a VERY long nap!

P.S. Drew LOVED pointing out all the red Gs!

1 comment:

  1. You're really getting some great pictures, Diane. Love the first one of Drew looking towards the arch and the one of him pulling the bell rope. His eyelashes!

    ReplyDelete