Sunday, January 2, 2011

11 Things in 2011

I'm already accomplishing things in 2011! Check us out!

I somehow don't look nearly as wet as I was!
That's the finish line way off in the wet distance

Stacey and I ran the Atlanta Track Club's "Resolution Run 10K" yesterday!

I am soooo proud of us for a number of reasons. First, we ran the whole thing! We didn't train as much as we had intended to (holidays got in the way!) so we told ourselves it would be okay if we had to walk, but we didn't! Second, we ran in the pouring rain! It didn't let up for even a minute the entire hour + that we ran. We haven't trained in the rain, so that was a new experience and I'm so proud we didn't let the rain stop us from running. Third, we kept going! There was a 5K and a 10K. The 10K was just 2 loops of the same route so we could have just called it quits after one lap (we were wet, cold, tired....), but we didn't even blink as we ran past the finish line for our second round. (Ok, we did stop and stretch and take our 5 lb. drenched jackets to the car, but we didn't consider stopping). Oh, and did I mention we are both recovering from colds/sinus infections and that we nearly died on our way there??

Having accomplished this got me thinking... Since I had such a nice "10 things I did in 2010" list, and since I'm not currently very excited about 2011 (having to return to work and leave my baby at home), I thought I'd make myself an "11 things to do in 2011" list to help brighten the prospects of what this year may bring. These are not resolutions but more of a "bucket list" of things I'd like to do or accomplish within the year.
  1. Run at least one more 10K (maybe a half marathon...?)
  2. Go salsa dancing with Stacey
  3. Take Drew to the beach
  4. Get a new camera and/or take a photography class
  5. Go on a weekend trip with just Jason (I'd love to go the Charleston, but anywhere will do)
  6. Take a class with Drew
  7. Complete my honeymoon scrapbook (maybe a project for summer vacation?)
  8. Get a massage
  9. Play in the rain with someone (most likely Drew)
  10.  Volunteer somewhere
  11. Plant more flowers in my garden
Hopefully I'll be able to keep you all updated as I check things off my list!

I had fun making my list! I encourage you to think of a few things you'd like to do this year. They don't have to be big accomplishments, but just things that you know you'll be happy to say you did when you reflect on 2011. Write them down, share them if you want to, and then do it!

P.S. I finally uploaded my photos from the holiday onto Facebook. You can check them out here, even if you're not on Facebook!

2 comments:

  1. You've inspired me to make a list of my own, but so far I only have 8 things.. I'll keep thinking though! :)

    I hope your first day back went well, and that you get to enjoy Drew's smiles when you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see your list! Hopefully Drew's on there somewhere? And if not, there's another thing to add to your list! Some suggestions that got me thinking- something you want to do at work, at school, at your home, for yourself, for someone else, with someone else, something you want to finish, something new you'd like to try....

    ReplyDelete