| At this point there was actually a hard ice layer on top of the snow |
Drew was rather indifferent to the snow, but our animals were not fans...
I was off work today and will be again tomorrow, with the possibility of being off once again on Wednesday as temperatures aren't supposed to warm up enough for anything to melt. And I know you Canadians will probably scoff at the ridiculousness of school being closed 2 or more days just for a few inches of snow, but remember that Atlanta just isn't equipped with proper snow plows and salting trucks in order to make the roads safe. The sun is our best and most reliable way of de-icing the streets (and it looks like we won't be seeing much of that until this weekend! Temps continue to remain below freezing all week!).
I am cherishing every little bit of extra time I get to spend with Drew. I made it through my first week back to work better than I thought I would, but I'm still more than ecstatic that I get to have a few more days at home with him. The job is going well. The staff has been very friendly and welcoming. The job is fun and rewarding. And I'm fairly easily able to take the breaks I need to in order to pump. I'm really enjoying meeting all these children from other countries and getting to spend a few moments getting to know them. The staff I work with is just as international as the kids, which is fun. I have to admit that I find it strange that the fact that I've lived in Canada, Singapore, and Costa Rica is simply met with "oh, that's nice, anywhere else?" ;) The only thing I don't like about the new job (besides the fact that I have to be there :P) is the hours- I work 8 to 4. I'd rather have earlier hours so I could have more evening time with Drew, and it would also help to avoid the horrid I-85 traffic. But, as that's just about my only complaint, I've been sending up a lot of thankful prayers because I think I'm in just about the best place I could be right now.
Stay warm everyone!
Yay for Snow Days!! Enjoy! (I think you've had as much snow as we have in Oakville. Although...we're expecting more tonight..)
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that the job is a good fit.
Pat