I am still home because of snow! Woohoo! And, even better, it looks like we won't have to make up these days! Four of them at least (which is what we're at right now). We'll see what happens if it stretches on past that...
So, this past weekend I took Drew to the Dali exhibit at the High Museum of Art in Atlanta. I didn't take him because I thought it would be an enriching experience for him (he's 6 months old...) but because I wanted to go, and after a long week of "back to work" I wanted to spend as much time as possible with my baby.
It didn't take very long to realize that taking Drew to the museum was a bad idea.
First, it was the last weekend that the exhibit was here in Atlanta (I know... I'm a procrastinator through and through) so it was packed! Trying to push a stroller through huge crowds was not fun! There was a lot of "excuse me"s and "oops! Sorry! I didn't mean to get your ankle!"s...
Then, Drew apparently decided we were paying way too much attention to the artwork, and not to him, so he thought it would be fun to make his high-pitched squeaking noises. Remember this?
Those lungs have gotten even stronger since then...
As that was likely not the sound track most people wanted to listen to while viewing Dali's works of art, I decided to take him out of the stroller and carry him. And that's when he really started having fun. First, he grabbed a woman's purse. Then he tried to pet anyone's arms and shoulders that were within reach. Then, best of all, I was looking closely at a painting thinking Stacey was next to me only to hear "oh!"... I turned to find a stranger's face right next to mine. Drew had grabbed the cords to her audio tour that was hanging around her neck, and had put them in his mouth!
I think it will be a little while before we try the "cultural experience" thing again...
No comments:
Post a Comment